Monday, December 27, 2010

home practice

I have always love home practice. Studio practice is great to explore new poses but home practice is the time i develop a deeper connection to the practice, a better understanding of my body and asanas, awareness of my breathing and my mind.


me with my favorite red thin mat

many don't practice at home because they don't know where or how to start. I've always tell my yogi friends, start of by practicing surya-namaskar (sun-salutations). When you are comfortable, add in your favorite asanas (poses). Then, when you feel like more challenge, try some new asanas. If this is still not helpful enough, always feel free to ask your teacher for ideas on home practice or, simply google for ideas. Yogajournal features very interesting home practices and articles which I find it very very helpful.
Bringing Your Practice Home
Yoga Home Practice

Start your home practice today!

No comments:

Post a Comment